Vendor: JBoss Community, http://developers.redhat.com/products/eap
JBoss is one of the most popular application servers. Developed in Open Source, JBoss has established a massive fan base across the world. JBoss is not only favored by advanced developers, it is also the point of entry for thousands of newbie java developers. Some facts:
- Developed in Open Source, JBoss is FREE SOFTWARE distributed under the LGPL license
- JBoss is a full-fledged award winning java app-server
- JBoss enjoys a #1 position in downloads with more than 5 million downloads
- JBoss enjoys a #1 position in development due to ease of use features
- JBoss enjoys a #1 position in OEM/ISV due to the free and modular nature
- JBoss enjoys a #3 position in IT production with a 25% market share
JBoss is advanced middleware with a full J2EE based personality that IT departments look for. But that is not all, the OEM and ISV community embraced JBoss as a highly flexible service oriented architecture on which to build their own products.
- Full microkernel approach based on Java Management eXtensions (JMX)
- Fully hot-deployable and cyclable service layer with Service Archive format (SAR)
- Fully automated and net based installation with hot-deploy of applications
- Full J2EE 1.3 support (EJB, JCA, JSP, JMX, HTTP etc)
- Full security implementation and JAAS integration
- Full clustering of any java objects (EJB, HTTP, POJO)
- Ground breaking Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP)
It is easy to configure JBoss to work with Mimer SQL.
If you are using JBoss 3.2.3 or later all required files are installed with JBoss. Simply edit jboss_home/examples/jca/mimer-ds.xml and/or jboss_home/examples/jca/mimer-xa-ds.xml and copy them to your deploy directory, for example jboss_home/server/default/deploy.
If you are using an older version of JBoss, use the following configuration files predefined for Mimer SQL:
Please, see the readme file for details.
Basically, enter your database url, database ident and database password in mimersql-ds.xml and copy the file to jboss_home/server/configuration_name/deploy/ (for example /opt/jboss/server/default/deploy). If you want to use XA, do the same with mimersql-xa-ds.xml.
The files standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml and standardjaws.xml are used to instruct JBoss how the database works, e.g. which datatypes to use. The standard files above, with additions for Mimer SQL, are complete and can be used as is - copy them into jboss_home/server/configuration_name/config/. On the other hand, if you want to keep your existing files, just copy-paste the Mimer SQL parts into your environment.
The Mimer JDBC Driver need to be in the classpath of the JVM.
Last updated: 2007-08-08